Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Day 5


Hi, it’s Bri and Frances! For the past two days we have worked very hard, not only physically but also mentally and emotionally.  Seeing these individuals, families and people our own age puts us into a broad perspective of the life around our own.  Behind the number of people in the world who are suffering are individuals just like you or me. The difference between us is that they think about the basic necessities and we don’t.  We have had the chance to give food and meals out to many people this week.  Seeing their smiles makes it all worth it. We are very grateful to be on this mission trip! Thank you all for your love and support.

HI there! This is Stacey! I am a friend of Brynna’s (if you know who she is J) who lives in California and met up with the group on Sunday night in Santa Clarita. Today was a super good day! We did a TON of work today all day long and it was grrrrreat! I have so very much that I would like to share with you. My favorite part of the day was when I was talking with Johnny the pastor of the church we are serving at. He was telling me about the church’s multi-congregation model. Different congregations meet all at the same time throughout the campus. He told me that once every three months all the congregations with their different languages meet for the same church service and sing in each other’s language and listen to a pastor speak the word of God in his heart language to a sister congregation who speaks a different language. I was imagining that and thinking that’s what Heaven must be like. Every one praising and worshiping God in their heart language with brothers and sisters in Christ. And I was so excited for heaven. I am so excited to be serving with your kids and this church and look forward to the rest of the week. Now I am going to finish because Brian is sick and tired and whining about me taking too long because he wants to go to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment